To be a reputable world class liquor regulator.
To regulate the retail sales and micro-manufacturing of liquor taking into account community considerations.
The mandate of the Eastern Cape Liquor Board can be summarized as follows:
- To register the retail sale and micro – manufacturing of liquor in the Eastern Cape Province.
- To encourage and support the liquor industry.
- To manage and reduce the socio-economic effects of excessive alcohol consumption.
- To develop new entrants in the liquor industry.
The Eastern Cape Liquor Board (ECLB) subscribes to the fundamental guidelines of corporate governance and these are supported by primary pillars of:
- Community participation and consultation
- Quality service delivery
- Social responsibility